Newsroom / Media Resources
Logos – Click logos to download
Doug Robison Headshot
Tagline: A New Era in Nuclear
Mission Statement: Natura Resources is committed to answering the world’s increased demand for reliable energy, medical isotopes, and clean water by developing commercially deployable molten salt reactors.
As the world, and especially the United States, ventures deeper into its badly needed re-appraisal of nuclear energy, one particular source of nuclear power generation stands above all others. This source is safer and cleaner, as well as more cost-efficient and more scalable. The molten salt reactor, already a proven technology, stands on the brink of becoming an industry.
While Natura Resource’s consortium of university research partners close in on the deployment of a molten salt research reactor (MSRR) at Abilene Christian University – the first such reactor to be built in generations – Natura Resources has set itself to commercializing this revolutionary reactor technology.
Molten salt reactors are walkaway safe. They produce carbon free energy that is available on demand. And the efficiency of their liquid fuel—no more fuel rods, no more cladding—all but eliminates any leftover waste.
Doug Robison is the founder and president of Natura Resources. Formerly, Robison was partner, co-founder, president, and executive chair of ExL Petroleum, a Permian-based oil and gas exploration and production company.
Among many industry accomplishments, he was appointed in 2004 by former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to serve on the Texas Energy Planning Council. Moreover, Robison co-chaired the Energy Supply Committee with Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson.
Natura Technology Overview
Natura Resources decided from the beginning to start small and focus efforts on the development of a university research reactor. ACU’s MSRR is one of the leading advanced reactor projects in the nation and should be one of the first advanced reactors to demonstrate successful licensure with the NRC and commence operations. Natura’s commercial line of liquid-fueled molten salt reactors will be built upon the foundation established by the revolutionary MSRR project.
Energy – Natura Resources is taking a technology (nuclear energy) that is already clean, safe, and efficient and is making it cleaner, safer, and more efficient.
- Advanced Nuclear Energy
- Carbon Free
- High Efficiency / Reduced Waste
- Walk Away Safe
Water – Desalination of water requires large amounts of energy, and molten salt reactors (MSRs) provide both the thermal energy and electric power for efficient desalination –promising fresh water to the world.
- Desalination of Water
- Disease Prevention
- Agricultural Production
Medical – Conventional nuclear reactors create isotopes that serve the medical industry and fight cancer, but a molten salt reactor vastly improves on this process.
- NEXT Generation Medical Isotopes
- Molybdenum-99 (Mo-99)
- Targeted Alpha Therapy
- Alpha Emitter Harvesting
Through Sponsored Research Agreements (SRAs), Natura Resources established a first-of-its-kind research alliance with Abilene Christian University, Texas A&M University, The University of Texas at Austin, and The Georgia Institute of Technology. The Natura Resources Research Alliance is on track to:
- License the 1st-ever liquid-fueled Molten Salt Reactor (MSR) with the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- License the 1st university research reactor in the last 30 years
- License the 1st-ever university advanced research reactor
- Fall 2021 – NATURA RESOURCES & NEXT LAB FEATURED IN LATEST ISSUE OF ACU TODAY
- 8/10/2021 – GEORGIA TECH TO PARTICIPATE IN $30.5 MILLION RESEARCH COLLABORATION
- 7/8/2021 – BRINGING ADVANCED NUCLEAR TO THE ENERGY STATE
- 4/18/2021 – NEXT LAB FEATURED ON FRONT PAGE OF ABILENE REPORTER-NEWS
- 3/1/2021 – TEXAS UNIVERSITIES ADVANCE RELIABLE NUCLEAR ENERGY
- 8/10/2020 – TEXAS A&M ENGINEERING PLAYS KEY ROLE IN RESEARCH REACTOR DEVELOPMENT
- 8/4/2020 – COCKRELL SCHOOL JOINS MULTI-UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP TO DESIGN NEW NUCLEAR RESEARCH REACTOR
- 10/29/2018 – ROBISON EXCELSIOR FOUNDATION PLEDGES OVER $3 MILLION IN FUNDING FOR ACU’S NEXT LAB
- 2021 – Doug Robison (ACU NEXT Lab)
- 2021 – Global Solutions from NEXT Lab
- 2020 – From “What If” to “What’s Next” in Nuclear Energy | Rusty Towell | TEDxACU
- 2020 – ACU receives $30.5 million for a nuclear research reactor